10. When Tom and Bonnie got into the train accident. Tell me this didn’t crush you? Imagine knowing you’re about to die. That once they put you under that’ll be the last moment of your life. UGH crying again
9. When Big Jim forgives Marshall. This makes me BAWL every damn time. This family just went through so much and Marshall was (inadvertently) at fault. But Big Jim knows in his heart this was not intentional and forgives him
8. The Plane Crash – okay we’ve done a couple of real tear-jerking patient scenes, but let’s get to the big ones. The plane crash itself is heartbreaking in all aspects. For me, it’s when Mark is petting Lexi’s head saying goodbye that gets me going.
7. The shooting. This whole episode was an emotional rollercoaster. Between Derek being shot, Meredith, having a miscarriage and also telling Gary Clark to shoot her, April coming to the realization she lost her best friend, Percy dying in Bailey’s arms, Bailey’s reaction to everything leading to his death. Shall I even continue here???
6. The moment Meredith gets her hearing back after being attacked. This will forever be a moment to make me cry for days
5. The Musical – I know this is controversial and 50% of people hate the episode while the other 50% love it. But I think we can all agree that Sara Ramirez has an angelic voice and watching her witness everything in this out of body experience is so sad.
4. Mark’s death – this one broke me because I DIDN’T SEE IT COMING. They led us to believe he would live and then tore him from our lives.
3. Derek’s death – The whole storyline of Derek’s death is sad in general. What hurt for me the most though was the day Meredith had to come back to work and tell everybody that Derek was dead
2. George’s death – this one hit me like a ton of bricks. A friend of mine actually spoiled it for me and told me he died. The entire episode I was waiting for it. So confused, until…it happened. Then my jaw dropped, both my hands covered my mouth and I began to bawl.
The final dance it out – The end of the twisted sisters as we knew and loved.
And there we have it. 10 of the saddest moments. Nowhere near to as many, as there actually are though because these writers want us to die young of depression apparently.